Sag Harbor Charters
Sag Harbor charters and boat rentals for any occasion – bachelorette party cruises, birthday parties, group and school reunions, camps and fundraisers! American Beauty Cruises & Charters is your stop for COVID-19 safe Hamptons boat charters. We are now taking reservations for the 2024 season.
American Beauty II
We have one boat, American Beauty II. It is a 44 foot sightseeing party boat that is US Coast Guard inspected and approved to accommodate up to 33 guests. We’ve completed our inspection for the 2024 season. Learn more about American Beauty II.
Long Wharf in Sag Harbor
We are docked on Long Wharf in Sag Harbor in the heart of the Hamptons. All of our private boat charters begin and end there.
If you want to be picked up, please know that you will need dock space that can accommodate American Beauty II and that the clock on your charter time begins when we leave Long Wharf and stops when we return to Long Wharf.
We operate within the harbor and the Peconic Estuary System – never “out to sea”. This keeps us close to land and sites like Barcelona Neck, the Mashomack Nature Preserve and Cedar Point Lighthouse.
Private Charter Rates
Our rates are by the hour at $580/hr +NY State sales tax for credit cards and we offer a 5% discount ($550/hr) for cash or check. The rates cover the boat, captain and crew, and fuel. No other fees (except gratuity).
Sales tax for New York State is currently 8.625%
There is a 5% discount for payment with cash, check, or Zelle. We do not accept pay apps like Venmo, etc.
Private charter boat rentals on Saturdays in June, July and August are a two hour minimum.
Use our Sag Harbor Sunset Times chart to help pick the best viewing time for a private sunset charter!
The John A. Ward Independence Day Fireworks sponsored by the Sag Harbor Yacht Club are currently TBD for 2024.
Please fill out and submit the CHARTER REQUEST FORM to start the charter reservation process. We’ll get back to you ASAP on the availability of the date and time you are requesting. Always within 24 hours.
LOCK-IN: Once the date and time are confirmed, you can lock-in your charter reservation with a 50% deposit and a filled out and signed CHARTER AGREEMENT.
Locking in a reservation can be done electronically (email and phone) or by USPS if enough time is available. A credit card can be used to HOLD a reservation with full payment by cash or check on trip day.
Food, Drinks & Music
Private charter guests are encouraged to bring food, drinks, and their favorite playlists on a bluetooth mobile device. We have compiled a list of caterers, delivery and take-out restaurants within walking distance from Long Wharf for your convenience when setting up your private charter. Starting in 2024, we no longer allow drinking red wine on board.
CHARTER SCHEDULE GUIDELINES
Private charters can be scheduled for almost any starting time. Once a stating time is scheduled, it may only be changed in advance.
- ADD SOME MARGIN: Remind your guests to consider Hamptons summer traffic and parking and to allow for extra time when planning their arrival. Ensure your guests arrive on time in order not to lose time out on the water.
- BOARDING: The boat will be ready 30 minutes before the scheduled departure. You may board during this time to do any set up or preparation.
- DEBOARDING: While we are happy to provide extra time for you at the start of the trip, we ask that you please gather your belongings and deboard promptly at the end of the trip so that we can clean and prepare the boat for the next guests.
- EXTENDING THE TRIP: Often guests ask to extend the trip while out on the water. Whether or not we can accommodate this depends on the schedule and crew availability.
- DELAYED DEPARTURE: The boat returns as scheduled in the charter contract. If extra time is needed because of the delayed departure, it may be possible to extend the cruise at regular rates. This is at Captain Don’s discretion because he must consider schedule, crew availability, etc.
Weather and Cancelations
High winds, heavy rain, fog, etc can occasionally force us to cancel a trip. If this happens, you can reschedule or receive a full refund. Details on weather cancelations can be found here. Private charter guests may cancel up to 4 weeks before a trip. More information is available on our cancelation policy page.
Private Charter COVID-19 Update:
Masks are required upon boarding and deboarding.: Once the boat is away from the dock and moving (and the air is flowing) guests do not have to wear masks as long as they socially distance from the captain and crew. If you need to discuss anything with them, please put the mask back on. Social distancing respect for the captain and crew is required by law and appreciated. On return approaching Long Wharf, please put your masks back on until you leave the dock.
Please refer to our COVID-19 Update page for more details.